Android launched new android development environment few months ago, is known as android studio based on Intelli J IDEA. This development tool is in early stage of preview. You can make android application using this tool too.
What android studio right away offer -
- Gradle-based build support.
- Android-specific refactoring and quick fixes.
- Lint tools to catch performance, usability, version compatibility and other problems.
- ProGuard and app-signing capabilities.
- Template-based wizards to create common Android designs and components.
- A rich layout editor that allows you to drag-and-drop UI components, preview layouts on multiple screen configurations, and much more.
- Built-in support for Google Cloud Platform, making it easy to integrate Google Cloud Messaging and App Engine as server-side components.
- All benefit which you read in first heading, will get you right away
- You can import your existing android project inside android studio
- Look modern compare to eclipse, more responsive and integrated plugin like ADB and sdk Manager.
Should we go for it?
Yes go for it and learn it, but do not use fully as its in early stage of development and little unstable. With few more release you can directly start development. There is no place in which android studio lack compare to eclipse
See some screenshot of android studio while creating an new project
|Home Android Studio|
|First Project Screen|